And Hyundai is celebrating a double award win, with the Santa Fe edging out competition such as Land Rover to land the Best Large SUV award.
Meanwhile, fellow Korean carmaker Kia scooped the Carbuyer Buyer’s Award prize for its standard seven-year warranty, which is celebrating its seventh year in 2014.
There was also success for BMW, which was came out on top in three categories.
The 3 Series was named the Best Executive Car for 2014, while the larger 5 Series took the prize for Best Large Executive Car. And the BMW i3 came out on top in the Best Hybrid/ Electric Car category.
Despite the massive success of British-built cars like the Nissan Qashqai and Ranger Rover Evoque, there was no room for any cars made in the UK on the list of winners.
For a full list of Carbuyer Car of the Year winners, see below:
• Car of the Year: Hyundai i10
• Best City Car: Hyundai i10
• Best Small Car: Ford Fiesta
• Best Hybrid / Electric Car: BMW i3
• Best Small SUV: Dacia Duster
• Best Large SUV: Hyundai Santa Fe
• Best Family Car: SEAT Leon
• Best Large Family Car: Mazda 6
• Best Estate Car: Skoda Octavia Estate
• Best MPV: SEAT Alhambra
• Best Coupe: Toyota GT-86
• Best Executive Car: BMW 3 Series
• Best Large Executive Car: BMW 5 Series
• Best Hot Hatch: Ford Fiesta ST
• Best Convertible: Volkswagen Golf Cabriolet
• Best Luxury Car: Mercedes S-Class
• Buyer's Award: Kia seven-year warranty