Fiat Doblo review - Reliability and Safety
The basic safety kit is standard and the Doblo should be reliable, if only because there’s little to go wrong.
The Fiat Doblo’s commercial vehicle origins bode well for its reliability. It’s been designed to stand up to some pretty tough treatment in the hands of van operators so we’d expect it to stay the course of family life fairly well.
On the safety front, the latest high tech features aren’t offered but you do get twin front airbags, ESP stability control with a Hill Holder function and ISOFIX child seat points as standard. Anti-whiplash front head restraints are an option.
There’s a 3-year unlimited mileage warranty as standard on all Fiat Doblos and service intervals are set at 19,000 miles.
In this review
- 1Fiat Doblo reviewThe Fiat Doblo is a van-based MPV with lots of space that’s better to drive than you might expect
- 2Engines, performance and driveDon’t expect blistering pace but the Doblo’s diesels are up to the job and the drive is better than you’d think
- 3MPG, CO2 and Running CostsFuel economy is nothing to write home about but the Doblo should be tough and otherwise cheap to run
- 4Interior, design and technologyThe Doblo feels built to last but it looks like a van and some of the passenger car creature comforts are missing
- 5Practicality, comfort and boot spaceThere’s a lot of room in the Doblo, but it’s a shame so much of it is located above your head where it’s not as useful.
- 6Reliability and Safety - currently readingThe basic safety kit is standard and the Doblo should be reliable, if only because there’s little to go wrong.