Hyundai Kona Electric review - Reliability and safety
Kona Electric customers benefit from good reliability, an excellent warranty and solid safety credentials
Hyundai is a brand whose reputation for making safe and reliable cars is building, and a 13th-place finish out of 30 manufacturers in our 2020 Driver Power customer satisfaction survey is a sign the company is moving in the right direction.
Standard safety kit includes autonomous emergency braking, lane-keep assist, forward collision warning and six airbags – one less than the Kia e-Niro. It’s worth stepping up to Premium trim to add blind-spot monitoring and rear cross-traffic alert – especially if you do lots of town driving – while the improved lane-keep assistance makes motorway jaunts safer too.
The Kona Electric is subject to the same excellent five-year, unlimited-mileage warranty that applies to all conventionally powered Hyundai models. Kia offers its e-Niro with a seven-year warranty, but with a 100,000-mile limit.
Hyundai offers a comprehensive fixed-price servicing plan that can be tailored to your requirements. Yearly services are required as per a conventional model, but expect slightly shorter mileage intervals.
In this review
- 1Hyundai Kona Electric reviewBig on range and performance, practical and stylish – the Hyundai Kona Electric is a fantastic EV
- 2Engines, performance and driveGreat performance and smooth, relaxed road manners make the Kona Electric one of the best-driving EVs around
- 3Range, charging & running costsThe Kona Electric boasts a 300-mile range in 64kWh guise – more than enough for most buyers
- 4Interior, design and technologyThe Kona Electric is just as stylish as its internal-combustion siblings, with build quality and tech to match
- 5Practicality, comfort and boot spaceWhile not as capacious as the Kia e-Niro, the Kona Electric is still a comfortable and practical EV
- 6Reliability and Safety - currently readingKona Electric customers benefit from good reliability, an excellent warranty and solid safety credentials