What’s the greatest TV car advert of all-time? That was the question we posed to you back in November, and now we have an answer.
We drew up a shortlist of 20 classic ads with the help of Richard Megson, award-winning creative director of top ad agency The Red Brick Road. And thousands of you voted for your favourites at autoexpress.co.uk.
Now you can see the complete list of contenders, with Megson’s professional analysis of each one. There are no losers – these are some of the best adverts ever made – but there is a winner.
So which is it? The Skoda Fabia made out of cake? Citroen’s dancing C4 Transformer? Or the legendary Renault Clio Papa and Nicole series? Here are the results… And whether you agree with the result or not, you can still enjoy them all by clicking the links on the left.
1. Honda Accord: The Cog
2. Ford Puma: Steve McQueen
3. Peugeot 206: The Sculptor
4. Citroen C4: Transformers
5. Volkswagen Golf GTI: Changes
6. Volkswagen Passat: The Force
7. Skoda Fabia: A piece of cake
8. Renault Clio: Nicole and Papa
9. Fiat Strada: Hand built by robots
10. Volkswagen Golf GTI: Singing in the rain
11. Toyota GT 86: The real deal
12. Peugeot 405: Take my breath away
13. Vauxhall Meriva and Zafira: Little dads
14. Land Rover: Discovery 4
15. Audi A4: Not my style
16. Volkswagen Golf: Best left alone
17. Vauxhall Astra: Babies
18. Skoda Fabia: Factory tour
19. Nissan Almera: Sweeney
20. Toyota Corolla: A car to be proud of