Mercedes Vito - Best medium vans
The Vito trades on the prestige of the Mercedes badge, and is a comfortable van to drive
The Mercedes Vito is the commercial sister to the V-Class people carrier. But unlike that MPV, there isn't much of the way in luxury to be found. This is a workhorse with plenty of hard plastics inside, but what it does offer is the prestige of the Mercedes badge for users who need a van that doesn't live up to the typical van stereotypes.
There are three different panel van lengths, while Crew Van, Tourer people carrier and even Vito Taxi versions are offered (although the latter is only available to private hire licence holders). Pure, Progressive and Premium versions are available, with the latter two adding more upmarket kit such as body coloured bumpers and alloy wheels to boost the van's looks.
Inside, kit includes rear parking sensors, heated mirrors and a leather-trimmed steering wheel, while option include a rear camera, cruise control and sat-nav.
Best medium panel vans 2019
- 1IntroductionCompetition in the medium sized van sector is fierce. Here we rank the runners and riders...
- 21. Ford Transit CustomSitting below the iconic Ford Transit in Ford’s LCV line-up, the Transit Custom replicates many of that model’s strengths
- 32. Volkswagen TransporterThe VW Transporter is a classy customer that brings Volkswagen passenger car build quality to the LCV segment
- 43. Renault TraficThe Renault Trafic delivers the goods with a big load area and efficient engines
- 54. Vauxhall VivaroA new Vivaro is on the way using all-new tech from the PSA Group
- 65. Nissan NV300It shares lots with the Renault Trafic, although the NV300 has a five-year warranty, too
- 76. Citroen DispatchThe Dispatch offers car-like tech in a medium-sized van body
- 87. Fiat TalentoSpace, pace and efficiency are highlights of the Talento's, er, talents
- 98. Peugeot ExpertAlongside its Citroen counterpart, the Expert offers car tech in a van package
- 109. Mercedes Vito - currently readingThe Vito trades on the prestige of the Mercedes badge, and is a comfortable van to drive
- 1110. Toyota ProaceToyota enters the mid-sized van class with its take on the Peugeot/Citroen van formula