Vauxhall Vivaro - best medium panel vans
A new Vivaro is on the way using all-new tech from the PSA Group
Until recently, the Vauxhall Vivaro has shared its technology with the Renault Trafic, although the big difference is that it has always been built in Luton. But the new Vivaro arriving in dealers in 2019 has more in common with the Citroen Dispatch and Peugeot Expert, as it's now a product of the company's ownership by the PSA Group.
One thing that hasn't changed is where it's made. Yes, the Vivaro can continue to wear a 'Made in Britain' badge on its rear doors because while it's all change mechanically, it's still built in the same factory in Luton.
The Vivaro comes in three lengths and has a through-loading bulkhead to help carry longer items. Up front, the three-seat layout is a little on the tight side, but the arrangement does offer a bit of versatility if you need it. There's good storage, while the van is comfortable on the move.
Power comes from a range of diesel engines, while Vauxhall is planning to introduce a full-electric Vivaro EV at a later date.
Best medium panel vans 2019
- 1IntroductionCompetition in the medium sized van sector is fierce. Here we rank the runners and riders...
- 21. Ford Transit CustomSitting below the iconic Ford Transit in Ford’s LCV line-up, the Transit Custom replicates many of that model’s strengths
- 32. Volkswagen TransporterThe VW Transporter is a classy customer that brings Volkswagen passenger car build quality to the LCV segment
- 43. Renault TraficThe Renault Trafic delivers the goods with a big load area and efficient engines
- 54. Vauxhall Vivaro - currently readingA new Vivaro is on the way using all-new tech from the PSA Group
- 65. Nissan NV300It shares lots with the Renault Trafic, although the NV300 has a five-year warranty, too
- 76. Citroen DispatchThe Dispatch offers car-like tech in a medium-sized van body
- 87. Fiat TalentoSpace, pace and efficiency are highlights of the Talento's, er, talents
- 98. Peugeot ExpertAlongside its Citroen counterpart, the Expert offers car tech in a van package
- 109. Mercedes VitoThe Vito trades on the prestige of the Mercedes badge, and is a comfortable van to drive
- 1110. Toyota ProaceToyota enters the mid-sized van class with its take on the Peugeot/Citroen van formula