Kia Soul EV - Best electric cars
Funky looking Kia Soul EV injects a bit of quirkiness to electric car market
- Price £34,295
- Range 280 miles
- Charging time 10h 30 min (wallbox), 45 min (10-80%, 77kW)
- Rating: 4.5/5
If you’re after an electric car that stands out from the crowd, then the Soul EV will be just the ticket. Kia’s latest individual creation retains its funky styling, but also incorporates a state-of-the-art powertrain that’s the equal of anything in the Hyundai-Kia line-up.
That shouldn’t come as a surprise, of course, because the Soul gets the same 64kWh battery pack and energy-management system as the e-Niro. That means a quoted range of 280 miles on a single charge, in a car that has space for four adults and a boot capacity of 315 litres. The cabin is smart and functional, and while it includes the odd bit of hard plastic, it’s well screwed together.
Of course, the Soul’s looks won’t be for everyone, but that’s at least partly the point. This is a car that’s designed to provoke a reaction; it certainly stands out, and that should be applauded.
Best electric cars to buy 2020
- 1IntroductionThere are more electric cars than ever to choose from so we've picked the top 10 best electric cars you can buy in the UK now
- 21. Tesla Model 3We've waited a long time for the Tesla Model 3 and find it's in a class of its own
- 32. Kia e-NiroKia’s electric SUV offers a big electric range at an affordable price point
- 43. Jaguar I-PaceGame-changing SUV puts Jaguar at the front of the premium EV pack
- 54. Kia Soul EV - currently readingFunky looking Kia Soul EV injects a bit of quirkiness to electric car market
- 65. Hyundai Kona ElectricHyundai Kona makes use of battery sharing to create oen of the best EVs on the market
- 76. Renault ZoeThe Renault Zoe is one of the cheapest EVs but also one of the best
- 87. Polestar 2Polestar's second electric car aims to take the fight to the Tesla Model 3
- 98. Tesla Model STesla's Model S shows little signs of ageing with outstanding range and practicality
- 109. Peugeot e-208The Peugeot e-208 brings electric sophistication to the supermini segment
- 1110. Mercedes EQCFirst Mercedes in EQ line up is the EQC and it sets a good precedent