Nissan NV300 - best medium panel vans
It shares lots with the Renault Trafic, although the NV300 has a five-year warranty, too
Look familiar? The Nissan NV300 should do, because it's essentially the same van as the Renault Trafic. Nissan and Renault are partners, so it's no surprise to see the same van for sale by both companies.
Like the Trafic, there are short and long wheelbase panel vans, plus Combi and Crew Van variants if you need to carry more passengers. Power comes from a range of efficient yet powerful diesel engines that are more than capable of dealing with heavy payloads in the back.
The three-seat layout in the cab is spacious, while the commanding view of the road inspires confidence in this big machine. The main difference between the NV300 and Trafic is the badges, because they even use the same sat-nav system with near-identical displays.
Perhaps the clincher for Nissan's van is the fact it comes with a 5-year, 100,000-mile warranty. That's 2 years longer than Renault's cover, although the 100,000-mile limit is common to both vans.
Best medium panel vans 2019
- 1IntroductionCompetition in the medium sized van sector is fierce. Here we rank the runners and riders...
- 21. Ford Transit CustomSitting below the iconic Ford Transit in Ford’s LCV line-up, the Transit Custom replicates many of that model’s strengths
- 32. Volkswagen TransporterThe VW Transporter is a classy customer that brings Volkswagen passenger car build quality to the LCV segment
- 43. Renault TraficThe Renault Trafic delivers the goods with a big load area and efficient engines
- 54. Vauxhall VivaroA new Vivaro is on the way using all-new tech from the PSA Group
- 65. Nissan NV300 - currently readingIt shares lots with the Renault Trafic, although the NV300 has a five-year warranty, too
- 76. Citroen DispatchThe Dispatch offers car-like tech in a medium-sized van body
- 87. Fiat TalentoSpace, pace and efficiency are highlights of the Talento's, er, talents
- 98. Peugeot ExpertAlongside its Citroen counterpart, the Expert offers car tech in a van package
- 109. Mercedes VitoThe Vito trades on the prestige of the Mercedes badge, and is a comfortable van to drive
- 1110. Toyota ProaceToyota enters the mid-sized van class with its take on the Peugeot/Citroen van formula