Peugeot Expert - best medium panel vans
Alongside its Citroen counterpart, the Expert offers car tech in a van package
Part three of the PSA Group's mid-sized van range is the Peugeot Expert. It's essentially the same as the Citroen Dispatch, so which one you choose will depend entirely on whether you like the look of the smooth chevron grille on the Citroen, or the chunkier letterbox opening on the Peugeot.
There's nothing wrong with these two sharing so much, as they are among the most advanced mid-sized vans for sale today. Cabin comfort is on a par with MPVs (the Expert is the sister model to the Peugeot Traveller seven seater), while touchscreen infotainment and plenty of soft-touch materials help the cab feel upmarket.
In the back, the Expert isn't the most spacious panel van for sale, but Peugeot offers a through loading facility that allows longer items to be carried into the front passenger footwell. There are two wheelbases and three body lengths on offer, so there should be a van to suit you, while a low floor boosts loading, too.
Best medium panel vans 2019
- 1IntroductionCompetition in the medium sized van sector is fierce. Here we rank the runners and riders...
- 21. Ford Transit CustomSitting below the iconic Ford Transit in Ford’s LCV line-up, the Transit Custom replicates many of that model’s strengths
- 32. Volkswagen TransporterThe VW Transporter is a classy customer that brings Volkswagen passenger car build quality to the LCV segment
- 43. Renault TraficThe Renault Trafic delivers the goods with a big load area and efficient engines
- 54. Vauxhall VivaroA new Vivaro is on the way using all-new tech from the PSA Group
- 65. Nissan NV300It shares lots with the Renault Trafic, although the NV300 has a five-year warranty, too
- 76. Citroen DispatchThe Dispatch offers car-like tech in a medium-sized van body
- 87. Fiat TalentoSpace, pace and efficiency are highlights of the Talento's, er, talents
- 98. Peugeot Expert - currently readingAlongside its Citroen counterpart, the Expert offers car tech in a van package
- 109. Mercedes VitoThe Vito trades on the prestige of the Mercedes badge, and is a comfortable van to drive
- 1110. Toyota ProaceToyota enters the mid-sized van class with its take on the Peugeot/Citroen van formula