Muc-Off Speed Wax Step 3
As the name suggests, this is another third stage in a maker’s car care process
Best price: £7 Size: 500ml
As the name suggests, this is another third stage in a maker’s car care process. Formulated to leave a ‘wet look’ shine, the purple Muc-Off cleaner also claims to add a water-repellent finish. There were certainly signs of this when first applied, but it had slowed after a week. While instructions recommend washing first, usefully Speed Wax can be applied to wet bodywork. Used as a detailer, it cleaned well, although the adjustable nozzle is tricky to get down to a really fine spray.
In this review
- 1IntroductionWhich quick detailing spray wax products top up your car's shine in a flash?
- 2Angelwax QED
- 3Sonax Xtreme Brilliant Shine DetailerExcellent test debut for Sonax’s detailer.
- 4Turtle Wax Perfect Finish Detailer
- 5Autoglym Rapid DetailerThere’s not much to choose between this closely matched midfield pack, but if ease of use is key for you, this detailer from Autoglym is the one to go for
- 6Simoniz Quickshine DetailerMinimal instructions do this detailer from Simoniz’s new-look car care line-up no favours
- 7Muc-Off Speed Wax Step 3 - currently readingAs the name suggests, this is another third stage in a maker’s car care process
- 8Meguiar’s Gold Class Quik DetailerIn such a tight field, a high price does the Meguiar’s spray no favours, and nor does the slightly smaller US pack size
- 9Halfords Spray WaxThe pack promises “quick and easy protection”, but applying the Halfords was the hardest work of all the products here