Continental All Season Contact tyre review - All-Season Tyre Test 2020
The Continental All Season Contact is the winner of our 2020 All-Season Tyre Test
- Score: 100%
- Ranking: 1st
- Price £103.94
Continental was a latecomer to the all-season party once it had set aside its policy of changing tyres for the seasons. But it has been competitive from the off and this victory backs up a debut win and second spot last year.
It could be seen as a less extreme CrossClimate with more of a focus on dry and wet grip than many of its rivals. That didn’t stop it dominating the snow tests, though, with no rival getting within two per cent of its results. It was easy to see why from behind the wheel, with lots of grip and traction backed by a great balance.
It was a touch behind the Hankook and Goodyear in the wet, where it was better in shallow rather than deeper water. It particularly struggled in the curved test, where it finished a way off the Hankook. It was good to drive on the handling track, though, with a stable rear and grip being maintained well as the lock went on.
The dry was its weakest area, finishing around four metres behind the pace-setting Michelin. But add a top score for fuel economy and you have another victory for the German producer.
Another win for the AllSeasonContact, which yet again manages a balance across all disciplines. A great all-rounder.
This tyre has been praised by those who buy it – many reviews focus on the impressive wet grip and low noise levels, giving it an overall score of 4.7 out of five.
Continental All Season Contact
In this review
- 1IntroductionThe UK’s variable weather makes it a prime market for all-season tyres, but which set is best? We test them back-to-back.
- 2Vredestein Quatrac Pro - 6thThe Vredestein Quatrac Pro takes sixth place in our 2020 all-season tyre test
- 3Cooper Discoverer All Season - 5thThe Cooper Discoverer All Season tyre places 5th in our 2020 all-season tyre test
- 4Michelin CrossClimate+ - 4thThe Michelin CrossClimate+ was the 4th placed tyre in the 2020 All-Season Tyre Test 2020
- 5Hankook Kinergy 4S2 - 3rd3rd place in our 2020 All-Season Tyre Test goes to the Hankook Kinergy 4S2
- 6Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen-3 - 2ndThe Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen-3 comes second in the 2020 All-Season Tyre Test
- 7Continental AllSeasonContact - 1st - currently readingThe Continental All Season Contact is the winner of our 2020 All-Season Tyre Test
- 8Verdict & results by categoryTables show which all-season tyres performed well where, and how they compare