Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen-3 tyre review - All-Season Tyre Test 2020
The Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen-3 comes second in the 2020 All-Season Tyre Test
- Scorel: 99.7%
- Rating: 2nd
- Price: £110.03
There’s little to choose between this latest Vector 4Seasons and the Hankook, with the choice depending on your priorities. The Goodyear retains the snow ability of its 2019 test-winning Gen-2 predecessor, although it lost out to Continental on the white stuff this year.
It did have a clear advantage over the Hankook with a pair of runner-up spots in braking and traction, but there was no podium on the handling track. Here it lacked the balance of the best, with front grip unable to match the stable rear.
It narrowly gave best to the Hankook across the wet tests, but had good results in both deep and shallow water. It was a match for the Continental and felt similar on track with a strong front matched by a stable rear with good braking. In poor conditions it had the edge over the Hankook. It was a different story in the dry, where it was last while the Korean tyre was among the best.
The biggest difference over its predecessor was in fuel economy. The new tyre was second, while the Gen-2 was sixth in 16-inch form last year.
It didn’t follow up its predecessor’s win, but the Vector 4Seasons had good performance in poor conditions and improved economy.
Launched this year, this tyre looks set to add to the great reputation of the range – its predecessor was a popular tyre, with a score of 4.7 out of five from more than 800 reviews.
Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen-3
In this review
- 1IntroductionThe UK’s variable weather makes it a prime market for all-season tyres, but which set is best? We test them back-to-back.
- 2Vredestein Quatrac Pro - 6thThe Vredestein Quatrac Pro takes sixth place in our 2020 all-season tyre test
- 3Cooper Discoverer All Season - 5thThe Cooper Discoverer All Season tyre places 5th in our 2020 all-season tyre test
- 4Michelin CrossClimate+ - 4thThe Michelin CrossClimate+ was the 4th placed tyre in the 2020 All-Season Tyre Test 2020
- 5Hankook Kinergy 4S2 - 3rd3rd place in our 2020 All-Season Tyre Test goes to the Hankook Kinergy 4S2
- 6Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen-3 - 2nd - currently readingThe Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen-3 comes second in the 2020 All-Season Tyre Test
- 7Continental AllSeasonContact - 1stThe Continental All Season Contact is the winner of our 2020 All-Season Tyre Test
- 8Verdict & results by categoryTables show which all-season tyres performed well where, and how they compare