Cooper Discoverer All Season tyre review - All-Season Tyre Test 2020
The Cooper Discoverer All Season tyre places 5th in our 2020 all-season tyre test
- Score: 97.1%
- Ranking: 5th
- Price: £82.25
As with the Vredestein, this was launched in 2019 as Cooper followed rivals by adding an all-season tyre to its European range. And there was little to choose between the pair in this test.
Like the Quatrac Pro, the Discoverer scored one win, this time in the closely matched cabin noise test. It also proved adept in the deep-water aquaplaning tests where it finished second and third. But results in shallower depths saw it at the bottom of the pack and the worst performer across all wet tests by a clear margin. It needed more than two metres more to stop than the test-winning Hankook.
The lack of grip could be felt on the wet track where the tyre had a decent balance, although this was at lower speeds than its rivals. It was more effective on snow where it was fourth best, albeit a step behind the leaders. It took a podium in braking, but again the good handling balance was achieved at lower speeds than the best.
A podium in our sole dry test wasn’t enough to keep it in touch with the front runners or improve on its 2019 result, where we saw similar characteristics.
A well balanced tyre that struggles to match the performance of the top tyres, but is the one to pick if ride comfort is your priority.
Black circles says
At the time of writing Blackcircles.com doesn’t currently hold stock of this tyre, so we are unable to provide any insight into the tyre’s popularity or performance with our customers.
Cooper Discoverer All Season
In this review
- 1IntroductionThe UK’s variable weather makes it a prime market for all-season tyres, but which set is best? We test them back-to-back.
- 2Vredestein Quatrac Pro - 6thThe Vredestein Quatrac Pro takes sixth place in our 2020 all-season tyre test
- 3Cooper Discoverer All Season - 5th - currently readingThe Cooper Discoverer All Season tyre places 5th in our 2020 all-season tyre test
- 4Michelin CrossClimate+ - 4thThe Michelin CrossClimate+ was the 4th placed tyre in the 2020 All-Season Tyre Test 2020
- 5Hankook Kinergy 4S2 - 3rd3rd place in our 2020 All-Season Tyre Test goes to the Hankook Kinergy 4S2
- 6Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen-3 - 2ndThe Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen-3 comes second in the 2020 All-Season Tyre Test
- 7Continental AllSeasonContact - 1stThe Continental All Season Contact is the winner of our 2020 All-Season Tyre Test
- 8Verdict & results by categoryTables show which all-season tyres performed well where, and how they compare