Halfords Roof Bar System E
The howl on our test reminded us these are traditional square steel bars
Best price: £90Contact: www.halfords.comMax load: 75kgTotal weight of bars: 3.4kg
The howl on our test reminded us these are traditional square steel bars. They come assembled, and the flip-out levers – which have to be unlocked before use – make fitting easy. But like so many bars here, the single adjuster controls the jaws and where the feet lock on to the bar. This means the feet are free to move laterally until tightened in position. Not bad roof bars, but too dear given their load capacity, the lack of a T-Track and the prices of the Farad and Modula.
In this review
- 1IntroductionWhich is best roof rack on sale? We look at rail and flush mounting market leaders to find out...
- 2Best flush mount roof racksGet set for a spring break as we test these kings of the load...
- 3Best rail mount roof racksWhich of eight sets of car roof bars can take the load this holiday season?
- 4Atera Signo RTOn paper, there’s not much between the Atera RT and our Best Buy, the Thule Wingbar.
- 5Farad Bars AluItaly’s Farad bars are the second cheapest set here, but don’t have a budget spec
- 6Thule WingbarWingbars’ enhanced aerodynamics allow quiet motoring, and didn’t affect mpg too greatly.
- 7Cruz Airo RThese look similar to Thule’s Wingbars, and are also quiet and refined on the road. In fact, they appear sleeker than most, as the feet are unusually compact
- 8Modula OvalBar SystemMost bars can be adjusted to fit cars with narrower roofs, by moving their feet inwards.
- 9WhispbarQuiet, low-drag roof bars were effectively invented by Whispbar, and these premium bars are beautifully built
- 10Mont Blanc 1250 Activa Alu
- 11Halfords Roof Bar System E - currently readingThe howl on our test reminded us these are traditional square steel bars