Best price: £7.99 Size: 500ml
Impressive water beading that had barely slowed after a week on our bodywork helped QED – short for Quick Exterior Detailer – secure its second win on the trot in this test.
While durability isn’t key here, the excellent water beading meant fewer water marks and dust spots after rain. The nozzle delivers a fine but wide spray, so a little covers a big area and made for easy wiping. A great cleaner with stamina, and the ideal choice for summer car care.
In this review
- 1IntroductionWhich quick detailing spray wax products top up your car's shine in a flash?
- 2Angelwax QED - currently reading
- 3Sonax Xtreme Brilliant Shine DetailerExcellent test debut for Sonax’s detailer.
- 4Turtle Wax Perfect Finish Detailer
- 5Autoglym Rapid DetailerThere’s not much to choose between this closely matched midfield pack, but if ease of use is key for you, this detailer from Autoglym is the one to go for
- 6Simoniz Quickshine DetailerMinimal instructions do this detailer from Simoniz’s new-look car care line-up no favours
- 7Muc-Off Speed Wax Step 3As the name suggests, this is another third stage in a maker’s car care process
- 8Meguiar’s Gold Class Quik DetailerIn such a tight field, a high price does the Meguiar’s spray no favours, and nor does the slightly smaller US pack size
- 9Halfords Spray WaxThe pack promises “quick and easy protection”, but applying the Halfords was the hardest work of all the products here