Audi e-tron - Best electric cars
Audi has joined the luxury electric SUV fray with the e-tron, it’s flagship plug-in vehicle.
The Audi e-tron has a 250-mile range and can take a rapid charge from 150kw that will see it at 80% capacity in 30 minutes. Unfortunately, there aren’t any 150kw chargers in the UK yet.
Performance is brisk despite the e-tron’s substantial kerb weight with the 402bhp electric powertrain delivering a 5.7s 0-62mph time and a 124mph top speed. The e-tron doesn't feel as nimble as an I-Pace or as explosive off the line as a Tesla Model X but it offers outstanding comfort and refinement with only the faintest whispers of noise making their way inside when you’re on the move.
The e-tron also wins in the cabin where you get high quality materials and elegant design matched to an infotainment system that’s great to use. There’s a good amount of space too, both for passengers and in the boot.
Best electric cars to buy 2019
- 1IntroductionThere are more electric cars than ever to choose from so we've picked the top 10 best electric cars you can buy in the UK now
- 21. Tesla Model 3We've waited a long time for the Tesla Model 3 and find it's in a class of its own
- 32. Kia e-NiroKia’s electric SUV offers a big electric range at an affordable price point
- 43. Jaguar I-PaceGame-changing SUV puts Jaguar at the front of the premium EV pack
- 54. Hyundai Kona ElectricElectric version of Hyundai's family hatch is just as convincing as a Leaf
- 65. Tesla Model S Who says electric cars can't be fast or luxurious? Tesla's Model S does both while incorporating groundbreaking design
- 76. Nissan Leaf The Nissan Leaf was the first mass-produced EV to go on sale in the UK, and the Mk2 has moved things even further forward
- 87. Mercedes EQCThe Mercedes EQC doesn’t have the premium electric SUV segment to itself, but it’s a worthy contender
- 98. Audi e-tron - currently reading Audi has joined the luxury electric SUV fray with the e-tron, it’s flagship plug-in vehicle.
- 109. BMW i3 BMW's i3 electric car delivers premium quality, tiny running costs and surprising pace
- 1110. Renault ZOERenault has gone for electric cars in a big way and the stylish ZOE supermini suggests it could be on to something