As with the Philips products, these Alite-made plus 60 per cent bulbs were well matched, showing good consistency between the two samples. However, they also mirrored the VisionPlus bulbs in failing to score well at 75 metres.
With glare levels for oncoming traffic at the legal limit, the light focus was a little low. Still, there was plenty of bright, white light, with a wide spread and no dark patches.
In this review
- 1IntroductionBoost visibility on the long winter evenings with a new set of headlight bulbs. We test 15 top buys
- 2Osram Silverstar
- 3Narva Range Power
- 4Philips VisionPlus
- 5Ring UltraXenon - currently reading
- 6Halfords Super Brilliance
- 7Autolamps Performance +
- 8Halfords Advanced PremiumThese bulbs are so new, they are only just hitting the shelves now.
- 9Osram Night Breaker Plus
- 10Ring Xenon UltimaA top result for Ring’s flagship Xenon Ultima, which boasts 100 per cent xenon gas as well as 120 per cent more light.
- 11Bosch Plus 90Another eye-watering Halfords price for these Bosch bulbs, which aren’t usually included in any buy one get one free offers.
- 12Halfords Extreme Brilliance
- 13Philips X-tremeVision
- 14Halfords Ultra Brilliance
- 15Ring Xenon MaxMore Alite XM bulbs in this pack, just like those in the Halfords Extreme Brilliance set.