Honda NSX - best supercars
The second generation Honda NSX is here, ready to take on the world again with a baffling array of tech
The Honda NSX offers something different to the Porsches, Lamborghinis and Ferraris of the supercar world, thanks largely to its sophisticated powertrain and aluminium underpinnings. The new NSX was born under the rather large shadow cast by its predecessor, but a twin-turbo V6 petrol engine and three electric motors mean it’s breathtakingly fast.
It is not without its faults; the options list is a tad on the steep side, it is not the best in class to drive and despite being a hybrid, the economy is disappointing. The high tech powertrain is good for 573bhp and 645Nm, which allows the NSX to reach a top speed of 191mph and 0-62mph time of 2.9 seconds.
Honda claims that the new NSX’s aerodynamics are incredibly efficient, thanks in no small part to its dynamic spoilers and flaps. The low slung body and aggressive nose will allow you to attract attention almost anywhere, which, as we all know, is required of a good supercar.
Top 10 best supercars 2019
- 1IntroductionThe 10 best supercars on sale today offer performance, thrills and outstanding style
- 21. McLaren 720SThe UK’s answer to the Ferrari 488, only with more power, more performance and a drop more practicality
- 32. Ferrari 488 GTBAdding turbos may have the enraged the purists, but the 488 GTB is a massive leap forward from the 458
- 43. Lamborghini Huracan PerformanteThe Huracan Performante is nearly twice the price of the Porsche 911 GT3, but it delivers a sense of occasion like no other
- 54. Ferrari 812 SuperfastDoes the Ferrari 812 live up to the legacy left by the F12? You bet it does...
- 65. Porsche 911 GT2 RSThe Porsche 911 GT2 RS carries a massive premium over the GT3, but few buyers will care with such extraordinary performance
- 76. Audi R8 V10 PlusThe Audi R8 has long been one of the best ‘everyday’ supercars, and this hasn’t changed despite losing the V8 option
- 87. Ford GTBorn on the racetrack and modified to meet road regulations, the new Ford GT is one of the most exhilarating cars on the road
- 98. Aston Martin DBS SuperleggeraThe Aston Martin DBS Superleggera slots into the space between the DB11 and the Vantage
- 109. Lamborghini Aventador SThe Aventador S is a beast. It snarls, spits and cracks its way down the road at incredible speed, making it a truly brilliant supercar
- 1110. Honda NSX - currently readingThe second generation Honda NSX is here, ready to take on the world again with a baffling array of tech