Simoniz Quickshine Detailer
Minimal instructions do this detailer from Simoniz’s new-look car care line-up no favours
Best price: £6.49 Size: 500ml
Minimal instructions do this detailer from Simoniz’s new-look car care line-up no favours. It claims to be a wax and a polish, although we saw no sign of the latter working on the clear coat. There was no indication of its cleaning abilities, but they were certainly present, with the formula wetting easily, allowing light grime to be removed. It also beaded effectively, if not as rapidly as the best, and it was still performing better than untreated areas after a week.
In this review
- 1IntroductionWhich quick detailing spray wax products top up your car's shine in a flash?
- 2Angelwax QED
- 3Sonax Xtreme Brilliant Shine DetailerExcellent test debut for Sonax’s detailer.
- 4Turtle Wax Perfect Finish Detailer
- 5Autoglym Rapid DetailerThere’s not much to choose between this closely matched midfield pack, but if ease of use is key for you, this detailer from Autoglym is the one to go for
- 6Simoniz Quickshine Detailer - currently readingMinimal instructions do this detailer from Simoniz’s new-look car care line-up no favours
- 7Muc-Off Speed Wax Step 3As the name suggests, this is another third stage in a maker’s car care process
- 8Meguiar’s Gold Class Quik DetailerIn such a tight field, a high price does the Meguiar’s spray no favours, and nor does the slightly smaller US pack size
- 9Halfords Spray WaxThe pack promises “quick and easy protection”, but applying the Halfords was the hardest work of all the products here