Win a loan of a Peugeot 508 competition terms and conditions
Auto Express Peugeot 508 competition terms and conditions
Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions, and agreed to be bound by them, when entering this Promotion.
For the purpose of these terms and conditions, the ‘Promoter’ is Peugeot Motor Company PLC (“Peugeot”) whose registered office is Pinley House, 2 Sunbeam Way, Coventry CV3 1ND registered in England No. 148545. Please do not send entries to this address.
The prize is the loan of a Peugeot 508 for 6 (six) months subject to the terms and conditions set out below.
Who may enter?
1. This Promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged between 25 and 65.
2. To enter, you must have a full UK driving licence (or be entitled to drive in the UK), not be subject to a driving ban or be determined to be unfit to drive on health grounds before or during the prize period (February to August 2019), and be able to produce a copy of your licence to Peugeot before delivery of the car.
3. Employees (or family members of employees) of any group company of the Promoter, companies associated with the Promotion and all affiliates of such companies may not enter this Promotion.
How to enter
4. To enter the Promotion, participants must fully complete their details on the entry form hosted on the Auto Express website (http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/win-a-508) by providing their title, first name, surname and email address. Entry to the Promotion is free, and no purchase is necessary. Only one entry per person.
5. Entries must not be submitted through agents or third parties, and any such entries will be invalid. Incomplete entries will be disqualified and will not be counted.
6. The Promotion will run from 00.01 (GMT) on 22nd August 2018 (the “Opening Date”) to 23.59 hours on 18th September 2018 (the “Closing Date”).
Winner selection and notification
7. One winner will be selected by random draw performed by a computer process on 25th September 2018 ("Draw Date") from all complete, correct and eligible entries received by the Closing Date.
8. The winner will be notified by email or telephone (using details provided at entry) within 7 working days of the Draw Date. If a winner cannot be contacted using details provided at entry or does not respond to the Promoter within 14 days of being notified by the Promoter, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
9. The prize is the six month loan of a Peugeot 508 (the “Vehicle”). The loan plan period shall commence on a date to be agreed in writing between the winner and the Promoter, provided that the loan period shall be completed by no later than August 2019. The precise specification of the vehicle is dependent on stock availability, but the Promoter will do all possible to secure the transmission of choice (Manual or Automatic).
10. Prize does not include personal expenditure and other incidental costs other than those specifically stated in these terms and conditions as being included.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or any part of the prize) for a prize or prizes of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control. There is no cash alternative to the prize (or any part of the prize) and unless the Promoter agrees otherwise in writing the prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.
12. If the winner is not eligible or able, for any reason, to accept the prize, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to award the prize to another entrant.
13. Details of the prize winner’s name will be available for one month after the close of this Promotion by writing to the Promoter at the address set out above and stating the name and date of the Promotion.
14.The Vehicle may only be driven by the winner. If, at any time during the loan period, the winner becomes permanently or temporarily disqualified from driving or is unable to drive for any reason, the winner must notify the Promoter immediately and the Promoter shall arrange for the Vehicle to be collected.
15. During the loan period of the Vehicle, the winner must:
(a) not to make any mechanical, electrical or structural modifications to the Vehicle without the express prior written consent of Promoter;
(b) make the Vehicle available to Promoter or any of its authorised representatives promptly (on the giving of not less than 2 days’ notice) to allow Promoter or any of its authorised representatives to inspect the Vehicle;
(c) only allow repair work to the Vehicle to be carried out by Promoter or franchised dealers specified by Promoter at a location convenient to the winner and with the prior consent of Promoter (except in the case of emergency repairs);
(d) not use the Vehicle for hire, reward, pace making, speed testing or any form of motor sport;
(e) not sell, pledge or loan the Vehicle to any third party, not to part with possession of the Vehicle, and to not allow any lien to come into being over the Vehicle for repairs or any other reason;
(f) not take the Vehicle outside the United Kingdom without the prior written permission of Promoter;
(g) immediately report to Promoter any accident or damage involving or suffered by the Vehicle during the loan period;
(h) immediately declare to Promoter any parking fines, penalties, or other motoring offences which are incurred in relation to the Vehicle during the loan period. For the avoidance of doubt, the winner shall be responsible for the payment of any such fines incurred in the loan period, irrespective of whether they become payable during or after the loan period;
(i) under no circumstance consume alcoholic beverages or intoxicating substances prior to or whilst driving the Vehicle, nor be under the influence of such substances while driving the Vehicle;
(j) drive the Vehicle only in accordance with applicable law and observing the relevant speed limits and other rules and restrictions, including those set out in the Highway Code; and
(j) return the Vehicle with no more than reasonable ‘wear & tear’.
16. Promoter undertakes to pay, and remains at all times solely and fully responsible for, any taxation of the Vehicle, which is or may become payable from time to time in the United Kingdom, during the loan period.
17. THE PROMOTER SHALL ARRANGE WITH ITS INSURER AND BEAR THE COST OF THIRD PARTY LIABILITY INSURANCE FOR DAMAGE OR INJURY SUFFERED BY THIRD PARTIES ARISING FROM THE USE OF THE VEHICLE BY THE WINNER DURING THE LOAN PERIOD. IF THE WINNER WISHES TO ARRANGE INSURANCE COVER FOR THEIR OWN DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY ARISING FROM AN ACCIDENT IN THE VEHICLE, THE WINNER SHALL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH ARRANGEMENTS AND SHALL PAY THE PREMIUM TO THEIR SELECTED INSURER.
18. The Winner will be required to complete a declaration for insurance purposes before the commencement of the Loan Period in which the Winner will be required to confirm their acceptance of the terms and conditions, including those of the insurance policy as described in paragraph 17 above. The Winner will be provided a copy of the motor insurance certificate and will be notified of the claims procedure under the relevant policy.
19. There are certain things for which the Promoter does not accept any liability to you, and these are explained in the next two paragraphs. The law does not allow the Promoter to exclude or limit its liability for some things, such as death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or loss caused by a false statement where the statement is made fraudulently. The Promoter accepts full liability for these matters and all matters for which it cannot, under English law, exclude or limit its liability. Otherwise, the exclusions of liability described in paragraphs 20 and 21 will apply. References to the “Promoter” in these paragraphs (19, 20, 21) include all of the Promoter’s associated companies, agents or any other third party involved in the Promotion.
20. The Promoter will not be responsible for (and will have no liability in connection with) the following occurrences, to the extent that they occur for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control:
a) any postponement or cancellation of the Promotion; orb) any changes to any prizes or the way in which they can be used;c) problems with the dispatch of prizes (such as prizes failing to reach the intended recipient);d) any act or default of any third party supplier.
21. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer, hardware or software failure of any kind, which may affect the sending, receipt or processing of your entry.
22. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding in all respects on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into. Entries that do not comply in full with these terms and conditions will be disqualified.
23. If the Promoter has grounds to suspect any entrant or third party of cheating, deception, fraudulent or unsportsman-like conduct of any kind (including, without limitation, manipulating the promotion, choice of prize winner(s) or any entry) the Promoter reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to disqualify any entrant, entry or person it reasonably believes to be responsible for, or associated with, such activity.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions by written notice at any time.
26. The details of the winner may be shared with the publisher and third parties providing a service to the Promoter in order to administer the prize.
27. The winner agrees to allow the Promoter to use their name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes as it sees fit without prior permission or additional remuneration. The winner will take part in reasonable publicity and PR activity at the Promoter’s request.
English Law applies
28. This Promotion, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Promotion (including the prize), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Promotion (including the prize).