Win an Astra for a year competition terms and conditions
Win the use of a new Vauxhall Astra SRi 1.0-litre Turbo 105PS for a Year - Free Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
1. Participants must be resident in the UK aged 21 or over. To enter the Prize Draw Promotion (“the Promotion”), participants must fully complete their details on the entry form at form hosted on the Auto Express website (www.autoexpress.co.uk/astra) by providing their title, first name, surname and email address. The Prize Draw is free, and no purchase is necessary. Only one entry per person.
2. Entries must not be submitted through agents or third parties, and any such entries will be invalid.
3. The Closing Date for the prize draw will be 23.59 hours on the 31st January 2016.
4. The Promoters will not be held responsible for any entries that are lost in transmission.
5. There is one prize to be won. The Prize consists of the use of a new Vauxhall Astra SRi 1.0-litre Turbo 105PS for a loan period of 12 (twelve) months from a date to be agreed between the Winner and General Motors Limited t/a Vauxhall (which must commence within 2 months of the Winner accepting the Prize) and General Motors Limited t/a Vauxhall shall select the nominated authorised Vauxhall dealer from which such vehicle may be supplied (collected or delivered, as applicable). A full tank of fuel will be provided. All other costs (including but not limited to additional fuel, fines and congestion charges, etc,) will be at the cost of the Winner, at all times. The 12 (twelve) month loan period will constitute and include the collection of the loan Astra vehicle and its return. The start date of the loan period will be subject to the availability of the loan Astra vehicle and the Winner providing or arranging and consenting to General Motors Limited t/a Vauxhall or its representatives to check the relevant driving licence as referred to below, and signing the appropriate paperwork (including the Vehicle Loan Agreement provided by General Motors Limited t/a Vauxhall), together with comprehensive motor insurance policy for the said loan vehicle. The Winner will be responsible for all other costs prior to and after fulfilment of the Prize and not otherwise provided herein (including transport to collect the loan vehicle (from the Vauxhall dealer nominated by General Motors Limited t/a Vauxhall), fully comprehensive motor insurance and petrol/lubricants. As a pre-condition to be allowed by the General Motors Limited t/a Vauxhall to drive the Astra loan vehicle referred to pursuant to the fulfilment of the Prize, a full current UK/European Union driving licence (or equivalent, if non–EU resident) will need to be produced on request (together with other forms of identification to verify the identity of the driver who intends to drive the Astra loan vehicle, where such licence is not a photo card licence) and the Winners’ driving licence will need to be checked electronically with the DVLA and therefore the Winner will be required to complete a DVLA mandate giving permission for this to search to be undertaken by or on behalf of General Motors Limited t/a Vauxhall (i.e. the Driving Licence number, National Insurance Number and the Postcode). If the Winner has 6 points on his /her licence at any time, the Promoters reserve the right to withdraw the Prize without liability. The Winner to qualify for the Prize must have held a full valid UK driving license for a minimum of 2 years. The Winner (and any other nominated driver over the age of 25 years), will be required to comply with the Vehicle Loan Agreement loan or the terms and conditions provided by General Motors Limited t/a Vauxhall for the use of the Astra loan vehicle. The Winner (and any other nominated driver) acknowledges that the owner of Astra loan vehicle, will comply with its legal duties including but not limited to section 172 of the Road Traffic Act 1988, and will provide information as required (including the supply of the drivers’ name and address) in response to any request from the police and other relevant authorities for the purpose of identifying the user of the Astra loan vehicle at a particular date and time in respect to any alleged speeding/parking fines, penalties, motoring offences and congestion charges.
6. The Winner will be the first entry randomly selected by an independent adjudicator from all the entry forms received by the Closing Date in respect to this Promotion and any other entries in respect to other promotions relating to the same Prize. The prize draw will take place on the 9th December 2015. The adjudicator’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The Winner will be notified in writing by post within 7 (seven) days of the draw.
7. No cash or other alternatives to the Prize are available, and the Prize is not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash, and the Prize must be claimed by the person named on the official winning entry form within 14 days of notification. Failure to claim the Prize within this period, shall lead to the Prize being forfeited and entitle the Promoters to redraw another winner without liability.
8. The name and county of the Winner can be obtained from General Motors Limited t/a Vauxhall to those persons sending a stamped addressed envelope addressed “Win a Vauxhall Astra SRi for a year”, Marketing c/o W Waterman, Griffin House UK1 - 103 - 315, Osborne Road, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU1 3YT between the 1st March 2016 to the 8th March 2016.
9. The Promoters reserves the right to photograph the Winner at a suitably agreed time for both parties, and use the name of the Winner for the purpose of publicity without charge and the Winner hereby consents to the same.
10. Events may occur that render the event itself or awarding the Prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoters, and the entrant agrees that no liability shall be attached to the Promoters, as a result thereof. The Promoters reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal value should this prove necessary.
11. By entering the Promotion, all participants confirm they have read accepted and agreed to be bound to the Terms and Conditions, of which the application instructions, form part.
12. Employees and their families of General Motors Limited t/a Vauxhall; its associated companies, and agencies are not eligible for entry.
13. These terms and conditions are governed by English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
14 The Promoters are General Motors Limited t/a Vauxhall, Griffin House UK1-101-135, Osborne Road, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU1 3YT, and Dennis Publishing Limited t/a Auto Express, 30 Cleveland Street, London, W1T 4JD United Kingdom. Please do not send entries to these addresses.