Honda Jazz 2001 vs Honda Jazz 2015
The Jazz has built up a loyal following on the basis of its low running costs and versatility
Price new: £8,995Max boot space: 1,320 litres
Price new: £13,495Max boot space: 1,320 litres
The Jazz has built up a loyal following on the basis of its low running costs and versatility. Called the Honda Fit in Japan and the US, the supermini has been around in the UK since 2001, with the all-new third-generation model having only just gone on sale.
The Jazz has famously found huge popularity with buyers looking for a practical, easy-to-drive and cost-effective supermini.
The recipe for the latest model hasn’t changed dramatically, but Honda knows that it would be risky to deviate from such a winning formula.
Practicality remains a huge pull for buyers of this model, with the high roofline and innovative Magic Seats freeing up a truly amazing amount of space in such a compact car.
The manufacturer is also convinced that the latest Jazz can attract a younger customer base thanks to its fresh new styling. A more modern design and sleeker profile move it away from the rather frumpy looks of the second-generation version.
Fast Hondas Special
- • The future of Honda: Q&A with Takahiro Hachigo
- • Progress report: we compare Honda models old and new
- • New Honda NSX: full details on Honda's 2016 supercar
- • Moments of clarity: Honda's greatest tech innovations
- • Top 10 best ever fast Hondas
- • Bikes, mowers & robots - hands on with Honda’s non-car products
- • Honda Civic Type R vs CBR1000RR Fireblade SP: video
- • Half bike, half car: the radical Honda Project 2&4 single-seater
- • WIN a Honda Civic Type R for a weekend
- 1IntroductionWe look at how Honda’s cars have evolved by comparing six of its class leaders at launch with their modern equivalents
- 2Honda NSX 1990 vs Honda NSX 2015When it comes to sheer performance and technology, no model better demonstrates how far Honda has moved on over the years than the NSX.
- 3Honda HR-V 1999 vs Honda HR-V 2015Before the name was revived this year, the last time we saw the HR-V badge on the back of a Honda was in 2006.
- 4Honda Insight 1999 vs Honda Insight 2009Although no longer on sale, the Insight remains one of Honda’s most significant and impressive cars.
- 5Honda Jazz 2001 vs Honda Jazz 2015 - currently readingThe Jazz has built up a loyal following on the basis of its low running costs and versatility
- 6Honda Civic 1972 vs Honda Civic 2015Out of Honda’s entire product portfolio, few models have shown as much progress as the Civic.
- 7Honda CR-V 1997 vs Honda CR-V 2015The CR-V hasn’t undergone quite the same dramatic visual changes as the Civic over the years, but dig a little deeper and the progress is there for all to see.