At 23kg, the Calix 430 is fairly unwieldy; fitting is a two-person job.
In this review
- 1IntroductionLooking for a roof box for the holiday season? We test eight of the best load carriers on the market
- 2Kamei 510Even though its clips aren’t as easy to fit to roof bars as on some of the other products here, the stylish Kamei 510 repeats previous roof box test victory.
- 3Kamei Corvara S 390The priciest and newest roof box on test is also from Kamei, and is a close rival to our winner.
- 4Hapro Traxer 6.6 HP25908Easy to fit Traxer can be accessed from either side and secures the 410-litre space with a top-quality triple lock
- 5Exodus 470L This Halfords sub-brand is far from sub-standard.
- 6Thule Ranger 90If storage away from the car is a problem, Thule’s Ranger 90 soft bag is a reasonable solution.
- 7Calix 430 - currently readingAt 23kg, the Calix 430 is fairly unwieldy; fitting is a two-person job.
- 8Hapro Roady 4000The cheapest and lightest solid box on test, Hapro’s Roady 4000 has Masterfit clips that slot into a channelled roof bar, once you have the additional rubber protectors in place.
- 9Thule Motion 800The 800 relates to size, rather than capacity, as this box holds only 460 litres