Farad Bars Alu
Italy’s Farad bars are the second cheapest set here, but don’t have a budget spec
Best price: £84.99Contact: www.driveden.comMax load: 100kgTotal weight of bars: 4.2kg
Italy’s Farad bars are the second cheapest set here, but don’t have a budget spec. The lack of proper locks is the most obvious cost cut; the jaws’ adjuster bolts are turned with a large spline key. And while they’re aero bars, they don’t sport the aerofoil shape that kills noise and drag so effectively. Bars and feet come separately, but assembly and fitting are easy. You can also lock the feet laterally on the bar, making subsequent fittings on the car so much quicker and simpler.
In this review
- 1IntroductionWhich is best roof rack on sale? We look at rail and flush mounting market leaders to find out...
- 2Best flush mount roof racksGet set for a spring break as we test these kings of the load...
- 3Best rail mount roof racksWhich of eight sets of car roof bars can take the load this holiday season?
- 4Atera Signo RTOn paper, there’s not much between the Atera RT and our Best Buy, the Thule Wingbar.
- 5Farad Bars Alu - currently readingItaly’s Farad bars are the second cheapest set here, but don’t have a budget spec
- 6Thule WingbarWingbars’ enhanced aerodynamics allow quiet motoring, and didn’t affect mpg too greatly.
- 7Cruz Airo RThese look similar to Thule’s Wingbars, and are also quiet and refined on the road. In fact, they appear sleeker than most, as the feet are unusually compact
- 8Modula OvalBar SystemMost bars can be adjusted to fit cars with narrower roofs, by moving their feet inwards.
- 9WhispbarQuiet, low-drag roof bars were effectively invented by Whispbar, and these premium bars are beautifully built
- 10Mont Blanc 1250 Activa Alu
- 11Halfords Roof Bar System EThe howl on our test reminded us these are traditional square steel bars