Waeco CoolFreeze CDF 16
Best price: £319.99 | Size: 15 litres
The key to the high price is in the name – it will freeze. This Waeco quickly hit -16 deg C, and it didn’t change as the workshop got warmer. That’s more than 30 deg C below room temperature, and frost was starting to form inside – perfect for drinks. Just as well, as this version could only take 10 of our cans. It’s heavy to carry, but ideal when spending lots of time in a hot car.
In this review
- 1IntroductionWhich 12V electric cool box is best for keeping drinks and snacks chilled? We test eight top products to find out
- 2Waeco CoolFun CX 30
- 3Sealey 25ltr Rucksack Cool Bag
- 4Waeco CoolFreeze CDF 16 - currently reading
- 5Mobicool Q40
- 6Vacanza by Outwell 24L CoolboxThe Vacanza does a lot of things well: it runs off the mains and has heat and eco modes, plus there’s an internal partition and a refillable ice pack to keep things cool or supply chilled water.
- 7Campingaz Powerbox 36L Classic
- 8Easy Camp Coolbox 24ltr
- 9Elect25 Electric Coolbox