Best price: £139.99 | Size: 39 litres
Overall, there wasn’t much between the next three coolers, although they all take quite different approaches. This retro-looking, aluminium-sided kit is the biggest on test, but it still managed to take 17 deg C off room temperature. It can run off the mains, plus we liked the split lid, which helps keep the cold in when open. Less impressive were the use of space, high price and poor lead storage.
In this review
- 1IntroductionWhich 12V electric cool box is best for keeping drinks and snacks chilled? We test eight top products to find out
- 2Waeco CoolFun CX 30
- 3Sealey 25ltr Rucksack Cool Bag
- 4Waeco CoolFreeze CDF 16
- 5Mobicool Q40 - currently reading
- 6Vacanza by Outwell 24L CoolboxThe Vacanza does a lot of things well: it runs off the mains and has heat and eco modes, plus there’s an internal partition and a refillable ice pack to keep things cool or supply chilled water.
- 7Campingaz Powerbox 36L Classic
- 8Easy Camp Coolbox 24ltr
- 9Elect25 Electric Coolbox