Autolamps Performance Plus
Sourced from online retailer Phoenix, these bulbs claim a 50 per cent improvement in brightness, and are a decent budget option, especially when compared with the similarly performing Halfords Super Brilliance.
The Gerlux-made bulbs were consistent, too, although there was a major difference between samples, so a big adjustment was required – emphasising the need to get your headlights aligned after changing.
In this review
- 1IntroductionBoost visibility on the long winter evenings with a new set of headlight bulbs. We test 15 top buys
- 2Osram Silverstar
- 3Narva Range Power
- 4Philips VisionPlus
- 5Ring UltraXenon
- 6Halfords Super Brilliance
- 7Autolamps Performance + - currently reading
- 8Halfords Advanced PremiumThese bulbs are so new, they are only just hitting the shelves now.
- 9Osram Night Breaker Plus
- 10Ring Xenon UltimaA top result for Ring’s flagship Xenon Ultima, which boasts 100 per cent xenon gas as well as 120 per cent more light.
- 11Bosch Plus 90Another eye-watering Halfords price for these Bosch bulbs, which aren’t usually included in any buy one get one free offers.
- 12Halfords Extreme Brilliance
- 13Philips X-tremeVision
- 14Halfords Ultra Brilliance
- 15Ring Xenon MaxMore Alite XM bulbs in this pack, just like those in the Halfords Extreme Brilliance set.