Economy Special - specifications
- 1IntroductionThanks to a raft of upgrades, VW’s new Polo Bluemotion promises amazing fuel efficiency. We put it to the test as it meets the most economical cars in the UK...
- 21st Citroen C1Diesel engine has impressed in other Citroens in past economy tests. So how does it perform in the baby C1?
- 32nd MINI Cooper DWe see if BMW’s Efficient Dynamics package enhances the MINI without diluting its enduring driver appeal...
- 43rd Fiat PandaOur reigning economy champ makes a strong case for itself again. But has it been left behind by hi-tech rivals?
- 54th VW Polo BluemotionBosses claim it’s one of the most efficient cars money can buy. But will the upgraded supermini really deliver?
- 65th Toyota PriusIt’s set the standard for hybrid vehicles, and the Prius aims to clean up against the most economical diesels.
- 76th Renault ClioRenault hasn’t been upgraded to give more mpg, so will be a good marker by which the rest are judged
- 8Facts and figures - currently reading