Used Audi Q5 (Mk1, 2008-2016) review - What do owners think?
Audi has performed well overall in our Driver Power survey, and owners seem to rate the Q5 very highly
Despite making its debut in 2008, the Q5 has remained popular with owners who have heaped praise on their cars. Although some have complained about high running costs in our 2018 Driver Power used car satisfaction survey, almost all placed the Audi in the top-10 results for interior design, practicality, ride/handling and connectivity.
In the same 2018 poll, the Q5 took ninth place overall, with fit and finish being rated very highly. And while reliability wasn’t as strong, it still finished ahead of similarly upmarket rivals in this category.
In this review
- 1Used Audi Q5 (Mk1, 2008-2016) reviewThe first-generation Audi Q5 is a refined and capable SUV that packs a spacious and upmarket interior. It cost a little more to buy, but it should prove durable and dependable
- 2How much will it cost?It’s not cheap to buy and some versions are costly to run, but solid residuals and efficient diesels mean the Q5 won’t break the bank
- 3How practical is it?A spacious interior and large boot help make the versatile Q5 a fine family-friendly choice
- 4What’s it like to drive?With a wide range of powerful engines and four-wheel drive the Q5 is quick and sure-footed, although the ride is firm on versions with bigger wheels
- 5What should you look out for?Robustly built from high quality materials, the Q5 promises to be a durable and dependable choice.
- 6What do owners think? - currently readingAudi has performed well overall in our Driver Power survey, and owners seem to rate the Q5 very highly