Mercedes A45 AMG vs Mercedes CLS63 AMG drag race
We pit Mercedes' smallest AMG car against one of the largest in the range
In a test of outright power and speed, you might think bigger is better. Bigger engine for more power, bigger wheels and tyres for better grip, and a bigger body to fit more cool body styling upgrades on.
The A45 offers up just a 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine compared to the CLS63’s 5.5-litre twin-turbo V8. Its power output of 355bhp (upgraded in 2016 to 376bhp) pales next to the CLS63’s 549bhp.
It’s not as unbalanced a race as it sounds, though – the A45 is far lighter than the CLS63, and with four-wheel drive, it’s better equipped for lightning fast starts. Watch the video to find out the final result…
Click through the links on the side or below to see some more of the best drag races we've shot, or visit our YouTube channel to watch them all...
- Mercedes SLS AMG Black vs Mercedes F1 W03 2012
- Lamborghini Aventador Roadster vs Ferrari 458 Spider
- Porsche 911 Cabriolet vs BMW M135i
- Nissan GT-R vs R33 Skyline GT-R
- BMW M5 vs Mercedes E63 AMG Estate
- Bentley Continental GT vs Porsche 911 Carrera
- Mercedes A45 AMG vs Mercedes CLS63 AMG
- Tesla Model S P85D vs Porsche Panamera Turbo S drag race
- Bentley Bentayga vs Range Rover
- Ford Focus RS vs Volkswagen Golf R
- Audi R8 Spyder vs Audi RS6 Avant
- Ford Fiesta ST200 vs MINI John Cooper Works