Proof that when VW said they were going to build the world's fastest supercar they weren't lying
Car-loving teenagers have to have this on their bedroom wall – it’s the most outrageous supercar ever! With 16 cylinders, four turbochargers and a faintly ridiculous 987bhp, the Bugatti Veyron is the Top Trumps champion.
Not only is the mighty machine the world’s most powerful production car, it’s also the fastest with a top speed of 253mph and a 0-60mph time of 2.5 seconds. Helping it distribute this pace is a four-wheel drive system and a twin-clutch semi automatic gearbox.
Veyron production run is limited to just 300 – and so far already over 200 models have been delivered to customers each costing €1million – but Bugatti has a number of special edition models planned, including an upcoming ‘super’ Veyron with 1,350bhp, to celebrate the firm’s 100th birthday later this year.
In this review
- 2Lamborghini LP670-4 SVLightweight Murcielago gets boost in power and a top speed of 212mph
- 3McLaren F1Gordan Murray-designed F1 was the fastest car in the world... In 1998
- 4Porsche 911 GT2The first road-going 911 to offer more than 500bhp
- 5Bugatti Veyron - currently readingProof that when VW said they were going to build the world's fastest supercar they weren't lying
- 6Audi RS6A supercar dressed as an estate - the RS6 is capable of dishing out more than a few surprises at the traffic lights
- 7Bristol Fighter TBritish company goes Veyron-chasing with 1,000bhp sports car
- 8Corvette ZR1Supercharged 'Vette offers eye-watering performance at a bargain-basement price
- 9Jaguar XFRA bigger supercharger, some aero tweaks and the executive saloon hits 225mph
- 10Pagani Zonda FUltra-rare Italian supercar makes a Ferrari seem as common as a Fiat