World's fastest cars special
It's over 22 years since the Ferrari F40 became the first production car to crack 200mph, and it's certainly wasn't the last! We've compiled the definitive list of the fastest cars ever built, justclick on the boxes on the right to get the low-down on all the modelsthat are famous for out-performing the competition.
The Bugatti Veyron is the first car to make 250mph look easy, and we've also got an exclusive first drive of its drop-top stablemate, the Veyron Gran Sport coming soon.
In this review
- 1Introduction - currently reading
- 2Lamborghini LP670-4 SVLightweight Murcielago gets boost in power and a top speed of 212mph
- 3McLaren F1Gordan Murray-designed F1 was the fastest car in the world... In 1998
- 4Porsche 911 GT2The first road-going 911 to offer more than 500bhp
- 5Bugatti VeyronProof that when VW said they were going to build the world's fastest supercar they weren't lying
- 6Audi RS6A supercar dressed as an estate - the RS6 is capable of dishing out more than a few surprises at the traffic lights
- 7Bristol Fighter TBritish company goes Veyron-chasing with 1,000bhp sports car
- 8Corvette ZR1Supercharged 'Vette offers eye-watering performance at a bargain-basement price
- 9Jaguar XFRA bigger supercharger, some aero tweaks and the executive saloon hits 225mph
- 10Pagani Zonda FUltra-rare Italian supercar makes a Ferrari seem as common as a Fiat
- 11Koenigsegg CCXSwedish hypercar can run on bioethanol as well as standard unleaded
- 12Ferrari F40First production car to break 200mph