Peugeot Satelis 2 125i - best 125cc bikes
Peugeot has built classic old school scooter style into its Satelis 2 125i
It may be a Peugeot, but the Satelis 2 125i almost as sexy looking as a Vespa, especially after a major makeover in 2013 for a slicker shape and better engine.
It’s also safer, especially for commuting in the dark, with huge twin headlights that not only light up the road for about 20 miles ahead but look great, which as we all know is the main thing.
There’s a stylish and informative dash, a lockable glove compartment, and it’s light and easy to manoeuvre at walking page, with a tiny turning circle.
Out on the road, it’ll cruise quite happily at up to 70mph, is beautifully stable at speed, and comfortable to boot, snuggled down onto that wide, plush seat behind a tall screen and with the wide mini-fairings on either side even managing to keep your legs nice and cosy. Impressive.
It’s also very frugal, with the redesigned more efficient engine not only much quieter, but giving close to 80mpg.
And when you get to wherever you’re going, the new bigger underseat storage space takes two full face helmets, which some scooters promise but don’t deliver on, and there’s even a little light in there so you can find stuff.
Best 125cc bikes
- 1IntroductionSave your pennies - and your licence - with our pick of the best 125cc motorbikes for sale now
- 21. KTM 125 DukeThe KTM 125 Duke is a far cry from the brand's more potent machinery, but it's a great choice for new bikers
- 32. Honda CB125FHonda’s CB125F offers smoothness and economy in a rider-friendly package
- 43. Piaggio MP3King of the commuter scooters, the Piaggio MP3 is a three-wheeler with real class
- 54. Honda Forza 125Honda’s attention to detail makes the Forza 125 a great budget bet
- 65. Yamaha TricityAnother flexible three-wheeler, the Yamaha Tricity is a fine urban runabout
- 76. Vespa Primavera 125The Vespa is a scooter icon and the latest Primavera 125 brings modern technology into the mix
- 87. Aprilia RS4 125An affordable scooter with race bike genes, meet the Aprilia RS4 125
- 98. Kawasaki J125Kawasaki has a reputation for fearsome sports bikes and there’s a little of that character in the J125, just not too much.
- 109. Suzuki VanVan 125The Suzuki VanVan 125 is a fashion accessory scooter with real character behind it.
- 1110. Peugeot Satelis 2 125i - currently readingPeugeot has built classic old school scooter style into its Satelis 2 125i