Suzuki VanVan 125 - best 125cc bikes
The Suzuki VanVan 125 is a fashion accessory scooter with real character behind it.
So good they named it twice, the Suzuki VanVan has been a cult bike since it was launched in 2003.
There’s no obvious reason, but then what cult has? The only one I can think of is that it looks cute in a funky, purposeful and retro kind of way, is fairly indestructible, and has built up a trendy following.
The brakes and suspension are, er, fairly basic, but that means there’s less to go wrong with them. Having said that, The VanVan has got a fabulous turning circle, a nice stable ride, an engine which purrs along forever as long as you stick to about 50mph or thereabouts, and the saddle is surprisingly comfortable even two-up after a long day bumbling along admiring the view.
Heavens, there’s even a luggage rack at the back. And a toolkit. What more do you want? A fuel gauge or warning light would help but otherwise, the essentials are there.
Best 125cc bikes
- 1IntroductionSave your pennies - and your licence - with our pick of the best 125cc motorbikes for sale now
- 21. KTM 125 DukeThe KTM 125 Duke is a far cry from the brand's more potent machinery, but it's a great choice for new bikers
- 32. Honda CB125FHonda’s CB125F offers smoothness and economy in a rider-friendly package
- 43. Piaggio MP3King of the commuter scooters, the Piaggio MP3 is a three-wheeler with real class
- 54. Honda Forza 125Honda’s attention to detail makes the Forza 125 a great budget bet
- 65. Yamaha TricityAnother flexible three-wheeler, the Yamaha Tricity is a fine urban runabout
- 76. Vespa Primavera 125The Vespa is a scooter icon and the latest Primavera 125 brings modern technology into the mix
- 87. Aprilia RS4 125An affordable scooter with race bike genes, meet the Aprilia RS4 125
- 98. Kawasaki J125Kawasaki has a reputation for fearsome sports bikes and there’s a little of that character in the J125, just not too much.
- 109. Suzuki VanVan 125 - currently readingThe Suzuki VanVan 125 is a fashion accessory scooter with real character behind it.