Group economy challenge - specifications
- 1IntroductionWe drive five very different cars all claimed to offer 60-mpg plus from our London base to Newcastle to see whether they really can deliver. Get ready for some surprises!
- 21st Peugeot 107City car exceeds expectations with a superb effort
- 32nd Honda InsightHybrid proves a success, with real fuel-sipping ability
- 43rd Hyundai i20Budget Korean supermini cuts it as an eco mile muncher
- 54th Renault MeganeFamily hatch falls short of claimed MPG, but huge range impresses
- 65th Fiat QuboIt struggles on pace, but MPV gives decent fuel returns
- 7Facts and figures - currently reading