WIN the all-new Nissan Leaf competition - terms and conditions
Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions, and agreed to be bound by them, when entering this Promotion.
1. Participants must be resident in Great Britain and be aged 25-70. To enter the New Nissan LEAF competition (“the Promotion”), participants must fully complete their details on the entry form hosted on the Auto Express website (www.autoexpress.co.uk/winaleaf) by providing their title, first name, surname and email address and explaining, in fewer than 50 words, why they are the best candidate to make the switch to all-electric driving. Entry to the Promotion is free, and no purchase is necessary. Only one entry per person.
2. Entries must not be submitted through agents or third parties, and any such entries will be invalid.
3. The Promotion will run from 12:00 (BST) on 22 August 2017 (the “Opening Date”) to 23:59 [GMT] on 31 October 2017 (the “Closing Date”).
4. The Promoter will not be held responsible for any entries that are lost in transmission, regardless of cause, including, for example, equipment failure, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; which may restrict, delay or prevent the sending or receipt of your entry. Incomplete entries will be disqualified and will not be counted.
5. The Prize is the loan of a New Nissan LEAF (“Vehicle”) by Nissan Motor (GB) Ltd for a period of 12 (twelve) months with an annual mileage allowance of 12,000 miles, and the installation and supply of a free Home Charging Unit. For the avoidance of doubt the Home Charging Unit will not be removed at the end of the loan. The precise model and grade of specification of the vehicle shall be at the full discretion of Nissan Motor (GB) Ltd.
5.1 The loan plan period will commence on a date chosen by Nissan Motor (GB) Ltd and it will communicate this date to the Winner (in any event the 12 month loan period must commence within 4 (four) months of the Winner being notified of winning) and Nissan Motor (GB) Ltd shall select the nominated authorised Nissan dealer from which the Vehicle can be collected by the Winner.
5.2 The start date of the loan period will be subject to the availability of the Vehicle and the Winner consenting to Nissan Motor (GB) Ltd or its representatives to verify the Winner’s driving licence as referred to below, and signing the appropriate paperwork (including the Vehicle Loan Agreement provided by Nissan Motor (GB) Ltd) as well as the Home Charging Unit terms & conditions and any relating paperwork).
5.3 The Winner will be responsible for all other costs prior to and after fulfilment of the Prize and not otherwise provided herein (including transport to collect the loan vehicle from the Nissan dealer nominated by Nissan Motor (GB) Ltd), fully comprehensive motor insurance, lubricants and electricity to charge vehicle, and all fines and all toll charges.
5.4 For the Winner to be authorised by Nissan Motor (GB) Ltd to drive the Vehicle; the Winner must satisfy the following:
- Hold a full clean current UK driving licence and will need to produce the licence on request by Nissan Motor (GB) Ltd (together with other forms of identification to verify the identity of the Winner who intends to drive the Vehicle, where such licence is not a photo card licence).The Winners’ driving licence will be checked electronically with the DVLA and therefore the Winner will be required to complete a DVLA mandate giving permission for this search to be undertaken by or on behalf of Nissan Motor (GB) Ltd (i.e. the Driving Licence number, National Insurance Number and the Postcode).
- Must hold a valid insurance policy for the full duration of the loan period and provide Nissan Motor (GB) Ltd. with a copy of their insurance policy on the day of the vehicle collection.
- That only the Winner and members of the Winner’s immediate household (such as Spouse, Partner, Parent and/or offspring who reside at the same address) will be given access to drive the vehicle. For the avoidance of doubt, any additional drivers to the Winner need to be notified to Nissan Motor (GB) Ltd. for their approval in writing.
5.5 For the Winner to qualify for the Prize, they must have held a full clean valid UK driving licence for a minimum of 2 (two) years. If the Winner fails to provide a full clean UK driving licence for a minimum of 2 (two) years, Nissan Motor (GB) Ltd will be entitled to select another Winner without liability. The Winner (and any other nominated driver (as detailed in clause 5.4 (3)) between the age of 25-70 years) will be required to sign the Vehicle Loan Agreement provided by Nissan Motor (GB) Ltd for the use of the Vehicle. Failure or refusal of the Winner to sign the Vehicle Loan Agreement will automatically forfeit the prize and shall entitle Nissan Motor (GB) Ltd (if it chooses to) to select another Winner without liability to the first Winner.
5.6 The Winner (and any other nominated driver) undertakes to comply with the UK Highway Code and its legal duties including but not limited to section 172 of the Road Traffic Act 1988, and will provide information as required (including the supply of the drivers’ name and address) in response to any request from Nissan Motor (GB) Ltd, the police and other relevant authorities for the purpose of identifying the driver of the Vehicle at a particular date and time in respect of any alleged speeding/parking fines, penalties, motoring offences and congestion charges.
5.7 Nissan Motor (GB) Ltd shall retain full ownership of the vehicle at all times. The Winner shall return the vehicle immediately to Nissan Motor (GB) Ltd if instructed by Nissan Motor (GB) Ltd.
6. There will be one Winner (“Winner”) who will be selected from all complete and eligible entries received by the Closing Date. The selection will take place 1 (one) day after the Closing Date of the Promotion. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. No cash or other alternatives to the Prize are available, and the Prize is not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash, and the Prize must be claimed by the person as named on the official online application entry form, within 14 days of being notified of the result. Failure to claim the Prize within this period shall lead to the Prize being forfeited and entitle the Promoter to select another Winner without liability. No further compensation will be provided to the previous Winner.
8. The Winner must ensure their domestic property supports the installation of the Home Charging Unit. The domestic property must have private or off-road parking and an outer house wall available to fit the unit to. Full terms and conditions for the Home Charging Unit will be supplied to the Winner separately. Failure to agree to those terms and conditions or satisfy the requirements for Home Charging Unit shall lead to the Prize being forfeited in its entirety and will entitle the Promoter to select another Winner without liability to the previous Winner. No further compensation will be provided to the previous Winner.
9. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding in all respects on all entrants and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence, or in respect of fraud, the Promoter, its associated companies and its agents exclude responsibility and all liability to the maximum extent permitted by law, including in respect of (without limitation): (a) any postponement or cancellation of the Promotion; (b) any changes to, supply of or use of the Prize; and (c) any act or default of any third party supplier, which are beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control.
11. The Winner agrees to allow the Promoter to use their name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional remuneration. The Promoters reserve the right to photograph the Winner at a suitably agreed time for both parties (and in any event no later than 4 months after the Winner is notified), and the Winner hereby consents to the same.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend the details of the Promotion in the event of unforeseen circumstances outside its reasonable control Nissan Motor (GB) Ltd reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or any part of it) for a prize or prizes of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its control.
13. By entering the Promotion, all participants confirm they have read accepted and agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, of which the application instructions, form part.
14. Employees and their families of Nissan Motor (GB) Ltd and Dennis Publishing Limited; their associated companies, agencies and anyone professionally connected with the Promotion are not eligible for entry.
15. These terms and conditions are governed by English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
16. Dennis Publishing Limited will send the name and county of the Winner to anyone who writes within one month after the Closing Date of the competition. To request the name and county of the Winner, please send a stamped addressed envelope to: Auto Express, 31-32 Alfred Place, London, WC1E 7DP.
17. The Promoter will use details provided by entrants for the purpose of administering the Promotion.
Promoters: Nissan Motor (GB) Ltd, The Rivers Office Park, Denham Way, Maple Cross, Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire, WD3 9YS (“Nissan Motor (GB) Ltd”) and Dennis Publishing Limited t/a Auto Express, 31-32 Alfred Place, London, WC1E 7DP United Kingdom. Please do not send entries to these addresses.