Red Bull X2010 (2010)
When Gran Turismo founder Kazunori Yamauchi wanted to create the ultimate no-limits racing car, he turned to Formula One team Red Bull and chief designer Adrian Newey for their input.
The X2010 features sculpted bodywork, a closed fighter-style single-seat cockpit and a fan to suck air from under the car to create huge downforce. It also packs 1,479bhp, which is good for 300mph, and the X2010 is able to generate 6G of cornering force. Of course, this is all hypothetical, as the car’s extreme performance would be too much for any driver to sustain in the real world.
1. Ruf CTR Yellow Bird (1987)2. Honda Integra Type R (1995)3. Suzuki Escudo Pikes PEak Special (1998)4. TVR Cerbera Speed 12 (2000)5. Buick Special (2003)6. Ferrari 599 GTB (2006)7. Nissan GT-R (2007)8. Citroen GT by Citroen (2008)9. Red Bull X2010 (2010)10. Mercedes AMG Vision Gran Turismo (2013)
- 1IntroductionA look at the greatest cars to appear in the Gran Turismo video game series
- 2Ruf CTR Yellow Bird (1987)Thanks to contractual issues, legendary sports car maker Porsche has never appeared in the Gran Turismo series.
- 3Honda Integra Type R (1995)Every Gran Turismo game has stuck to a formula that sees you progress from small sports cars through the ranks to the fastest prototypes, and one of the best cars in which to learn your driving lines was the Honda Integra Type R.
- 4Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak Special (1998)
- 5TVR Cerbera Speed 12 (2000)
- 6Buick Special (2003)
- 7Ferrari 599 GTB (2006)
- 8Nissan GT-R (2007)
- 9Citroen GT by Citroen (2008)
- 10Red Bull X2010 (2010) - currently reading
- 11Mercedes AMG Vision Gran Turismo (2013)