Ferrari 599 GTB (2006)
Another Gran Turismo landmark was reached in 2006, when the series arrived on the PlayStation 3 in the form of a free download called HD Concept. And there was more, as HD Concept also marked the arrival of Ferrari to the franchise.
While the game wasn’t much more than a demo, with one track and only a handful of cars, the inclusion of the 599 GTB was enough to keep GT fans happy. When Gran Turismo 5 finally arrived, it featured Ferraris old and new, as well as the first and currently only official Formula One cars to appear in the series.
1. Ruf CTR Yellow Bird (1987)2. Honda Integra Type R (1995)3. Suzuki Escudo Pikes PEak Special (1998)4. TVR Cerbera Speed 12 (2000)5. Buick Special (2003)6. Ferrari 599 GTB (2006)7. Nissan GT-R (2007)8. Citroen GT by Citroen (2008)9. Red Bull X2010 (2010)10. Mercedes AMG Vision Gran Turismo (2013)
- 1IntroductionA look at the greatest cars to appear in the Gran Turismo video game series
- 2Ruf CTR Yellow Bird (1987)Thanks to contractual issues, legendary sports car maker Porsche has never appeared in the Gran Turismo series.
- 3Honda Integra Type R (1995)Every Gran Turismo game has stuck to a formula that sees you progress from small sports cars through the ranks to the fastest prototypes, and one of the best cars in which to learn your driving lines was the Honda Integra Type R.
- 4Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak Special (1998)
- 5TVR Cerbera Speed 12 (2000)
- 6Buick Special (2003)
- 7Ferrari 599 GTB (2006) - currently reading
- 8Nissan GT-R (2007)
- 9Citroen GT by Citroen (2008)
- 10Red Bull X2010 (2010)
- 11Mercedes AMG Vision Gran Turismo (2013)