TVR Cerbera Speed 12 (2000)
One car maker that gained international recognition thanks to its inclusion in the Gran Turismo series was TVR. The small Blackpool-based firm saw a spike in sales after its Griffith and Cerbera models appeared in Gran Turismo, and were helped by the fact they were some of the fastest cars in the game.
But the best was yet to come from TVR. In 1997, the firm built Project 7/12, a V12 supercar that was destined for sports car racing, but was canned before it could turn a wheel in anger. But one car survived, by this time called the Cerbera Speed 12, and its lairy, Bugatti Veyron-rivalling performance has been immortalised in every game since GT2.
1. Ruf CTR Yellow Bird (1987)2. Honda Integra Type R (1995)3. Suzuki Escudo Pikes PEak Special (1998)4. TVR Cerbera Speed 12 (2000)5. Buick Special (2003)6. Ferrari 599 GTB (2006)7. Nissan GT-R (2007)8. Citroen GT by Citroen (2008)9. Red Bull X2010 (2010)10. Mercedes AMG Vision Gran Turismo (2013)
- 1IntroductionA look at the greatest cars to appear in the Gran Turismo video game series
- 2Ruf CTR Yellow Bird (1987)Thanks to contractual issues, legendary sports car maker Porsche has never appeared in the Gran Turismo series.
- 3Honda Integra Type R (1995)Every Gran Turismo game has stuck to a formula that sees you progress from small sports cars through the ranks to the fastest prototypes, and one of the best cars in which to learn your driving lines was the Honda Integra Type R.
- 4Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak Special (1998)
- 5TVR Cerbera Speed 12 (2000) - currently reading
- 6Buick Special (2003)
- 7Ferrari 599 GTB (2006)
- 8Nissan GT-R (2007)
- 9Citroen GT by Citroen (2008)
- 10Red Bull X2010 (2010)