Nissan GT-R (2007)
One car that definitely made its name with Gran Turismo is the Nissan GT-R. The ties between Nissan and the GT series are so close that the 2007 GT-R was available as a pre-production test mule in GT5 Prologue, and when it was unveiled at the Tokyo Motor Show, the car in the game lost its black disguise at the same time.
What’s more, Kazunori was commissioned to create the graphics for the GT-R’s touchscreen computer, which displays everything from lap times and G-forces to steering input and torque distribution. And the links between Nissan and Gran Turismo continue, with the GT Academy driver talent search unearthing future motorsport stars.
1. Ruf CTR Yellow Bird (1987)2. Honda Integra Type R (1995)3. Suzuki Escudo Pikes PEak Special (1998)4. TVR Cerbera Speed 12 (2000)5. Buick Special (2003)6. Ferrari 599 GTB (2006)7. Nissan GT-R (2007)8. Citroen GT by Citroen (2008)9. Red Bull X2010 (2010)10. Mercedes AMG Vision Gran Turismo (2013)
- 1IntroductionA look at the greatest cars to appear in the Gran Turismo video game series
- 2Ruf CTR Yellow Bird (1987)Thanks to contractual issues, legendary sports car maker Porsche has never appeared in the Gran Turismo series.
- 3Honda Integra Type R (1995)Every Gran Turismo game has stuck to a formula that sees you progress from small sports cars through the ranks to the fastest prototypes, and one of the best cars in which to learn your driving lines was the Honda Integra Type R.
- 4Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak Special (1998)
- 5TVR Cerbera Speed 12 (2000)
- 6Buick Special (2003)
- 7Ferrari 599 GTB (2006)
- 8Nissan GT-R (2007) - currently reading
- 9Citroen GT by Citroen (2008)
- 10Red Bull X2010 (2010)