Mercedes AMG Vision Gran Turismo (2013)
The first car to appear as part of Gran Turismo’s 15th anniversary series was the Mercedes AMG Vision Gran Turismo (VGT), which was offered as a free gift when Gran Turismo 6 was launched at the end of 2013.
It’s powered by a rumbling 585bhp twin-turbo V8, while the ground hugging styling takes inspiration from past Mercedes sports cars such as the 300 SL Gullwing and SLS AMG. In addition, Mercedes also made a race version of the VGT for the game, which added a huge rear wing and more power, while it was available in the silver and turquoise colours of the Mercedes Formula One team.
1. Ruf CTR Yellow Bird (1987)2. Honda Integra Type R (1995)3. Suzuki Escudo Pikes PEak Special (1998)4. TVR Cerbera Speed 12 (2000)5. Buick Special (2003)6. Ferrari 599 GTB (2006)7. Nissan GT-R (2007)8. Citroen GT by Citroen (2008)9. Red Bull X2010 (2010)10. Mercedes AMG Vision Gran Turismo (2013)
- 1IntroductionA look at the greatest cars to appear in the Gran Turismo video game series
- 2Ruf CTR Yellow Bird (1987)Thanks to contractual issues, legendary sports car maker Porsche has never appeared in the Gran Turismo series.
- 3Honda Integra Type R (1995)Every Gran Turismo game has stuck to a formula that sees you progress from small sports cars through the ranks to the fastest prototypes, and one of the best cars in which to learn your driving lines was the Honda Integra Type R.
- 4Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak Special (1998)
- 5TVR Cerbera Speed 12 (2000)
- 6Buick Special (2003)
- 7Ferrari 599 GTB (2006)
- 8Nissan GT-R (2007)
- 9Citroen GT by Citroen (2008)
- 10Red Bull X2010 (2010)
- 11Mercedes AMG Vision Gran Turismo (2013) - currently reading