This was the Best Buy in our test of H7 bulbs last year, but it struggled to repeat its winning form among the H4 products.
One bulb delivered a less focused beam, with a blurred glare cut-off, which kept the wide and bright light focus away from the crucial 75-metre scoring point. The second bulb also kept the brightest light too close to the car, and this ultimately dropped the X-tremeVision down in the standings.
In this review
- 1IntroductionBoost visibility on the long winter evenings with a new set of headlight bulbs. We test 15 top buys
- 2Osram Silverstar
- 3Narva Range Power
- 4Philips VisionPlus
- 5Ring UltraXenon
- 6Halfords Super Brilliance
- 7Autolamps Performance +
- 8Halfords Advanced PremiumThese bulbs are so new, they are only just hitting the shelves now.
- 9Osram Night Breaker Plus
- 10Ring Xenon UltimaA top result for Ring’s flagship Xenon Ultima, which boasts 100 per cent xenon gas as well as 120 per cent more light.
- 11Bosch Plus 90Another eye-watering Halfords price for these Bosch bulbs, which aren’t usually included in any buy one get one free offers.
- 12Halfords Extreme Brilliance
- 13Philips X-tremeVision - currently reading
- 14Halfords Ultra Brilliance
- 15Ring Xenon MaxMore Alite XM bulbs in this pack, just like those in the Halfords Extreme Brilliance set.