Jaguar F-Type - best sports cars
The F-Type puts the grrr back into the great British sports car
No longer quite the new kid on the sports car block is the Jaguar F-Type, with a price tag that puts it firmly between the class-leading Porsche 911 Cabriolet and 718 Boxster. The F-Type is available as super-sexy soft-top, and an even better-looking coupe.
All versions deliver the strong performance you expect, while accurate steering and immense grip ensure they’re loads of fun on a twisty road – especially with the fruity sound of the optional active exhaust.
The 568bhp SVR is the fastest F-Type, but is a bit of an indulgence at £110k. And while the V8 models provide the extra thrill of that classic exhaust soundtrack, the V6 versions sound good too, and provide plenty of fun on the road - especially in S trim with adaptive damping and optional 4x4.
Best sports cars
- 11. McLaren 570S'Entry level' McLaren is still a sensational piece of sports car engineering that entertains in spades
- 22. Mazda MX-5It's a modern-day classic that's had 25 years of development under its belt to make it one of the most fun cars on sale
- 33. Porsche 911 Carrera GTSThe Carrera GTS combines the best bits of the standard Carrera and the track-focused 911 GT3
- 44. BMW M4 Competition PackAdding the Competition Pack to the M4 Coupe transforms it into a focused sports machine
- 55. Mercedes-AMG C63 CoupeBig twin-turbo V8 and a rear-drive chassis turn elegant coupe into a total headbanger
- 66. Audi RS 5The latest RS 5 delivers all-weather performance in a subtly aggressive package
- 77. Porsche 718 Cayman/BoxsterMid-engined Porsche twins are driver's cars honed to perfection, whichever version you choose
- 88. Fiat 124 SpiderThe Italian firm is back in the small sports car business, courtesy of Mazda
- 99. Nissan GT-RJapanese coupe is a showcase for what can be done if you throw electronic wizardry at the sports car philosophy