Odyssey PC 925
Flat-plate AGM technology means stunning performance from a battery that’s actually smaller than the 063s in the group
Price: £124.43 Guarantee: Three years Contact: Odyssey 0161 727 3800, www.enersys-hawker.com
Flat-plate AGM technology means stunning performance from a battery that’s actually smaller than the 063s in the group. Although cranking output is rated at 380 amps, and capacity is only 28 AH, this managed six starts from cold, very enthusiastic performance in the part discharged test and kept our bulb alight for nearly five hours.
In this review
- 1IntroductionOn a charge to find the best car battery from 8 top buys
- 2UKBatteries ValueValue by name but not by price or performance, judging by our test
- 3UKBatteries Platinum PrestigeThis first offering from UKBatteries couldn’t be more different from its Value battery
- 4Odyssey PC 925 - currently readingFlat-plate AGM technology means stunning performance from a battery that’s actually smaller than the 063s in the group
- 5Lucas Premium 3Yuasa is no longer supplying batteries to Lucas, but this doesn’t seem to have been detrimental to their performance
- 6Exide ExcellOne of the few batteries tested here to be priced under the £40 barrier, which makes its average performance in the test rather more acceptable.
- 7Numax PremiumA commended performer in our last big battery test, but the Numax Premium couldn’t repeat that kind of result this time around
- 8Exide Maxxima 900DCOur first AGM battery boasts 900 amps of cranking power, despite not being much bigger than a standard 063 casing
- 9Exide X-Tra PlusThis wasn’t the outright best performer, but no other product here can beat this battery’s trade-off between output and price
- 10Halfords StandardA surprisingly good battery, considering it’s from Halfords’ standard range