Want to know which city car or SUV performs best in Driver Power? Our breakdown picks out the top buys in eight key classes of the market.
Here we bring together all the results from the Driver Power survey to decide which vehicles are the best in class.
Each car is rated on practicality, handling, comfort, ease of driving, ride quality, braking, performance running costs and reliability and is only judged against other cars in the same segment.
Simply click on the links below to find out which cars take class honours.
- Best Small Car
- Best Compact Family Car
- Best Family Car
- Best Compact Executive Car
- Best Executive Car
- Best Off-Road Car
- Best Sports Car
- Best People Carrier
What’s the Driver Power top 100? It’s the definitive car ranking – by drivers for drivers. Cars are rated by their owners, and each is then scored on how satisfying it has been to own.
How are results calculated? Our survey asks drivers to rate their car out of five in 10 key categories. An independent data processing company then crunches the numbers to provide the overall average scores.
Why doesn’t my car feature? Not all models can be included, due to the sheer number of cars on UK roads. Plus, to ensure our results are reliable, we need a robust sample size of drivers of each vehicle.
- 1IntroductionThe results of Auto Express's market-leading survey are in, as we reveal the Driver Power winners and losers
- 2The Top 100Don't miss the Driver Power guide to the 100 best cars in Britain.
- 3Winning ManufacturerAs if knocking Lexus off top spot last year wasn’t enough of an achievement, Skoda has retained the gold medal in 2010!
- 4Overall WinnerWe name the UK's favourite car - and rank the top 100 from best to worst.
- 5Category WinnersBuckle up! It's time to reveal your views on the best new cars for build quality, reliability, performance, running costs and more
- 6Class Winners - currently readingWant to know which city car or SUV performs best in Driver Power? Our breakdown picks out the top buys in eight key classes of the market.