Buckle up! It's time to reveal your views on the best new cars for build quality, reliability, performance, running costs and more
It's official! autoexpress.co.uk can reveal the UK's best cars - ranked by build quality, reliability, performance, running costs, braking and ride quality.
Tens of thousands of you responded to our call for help on naming and shaming the best and worst new cars in Britain...
Thanks to your help we've also rated cars for comfort, ease of driving, handling and practicality to help you find the very best of British - with 100 contenders listed in each category
For a detailed guide to all that's on offer from the latest cars in the UK, simply click on the key area of a new car's performance, character or practicality that matters most to you.
See the results...
- Best for Performance
- Best for Reliability
- Best for Comfort
- Best for Handling
- Best for Braking
- Best for Running Costs
- Best for Build Quality
- Best for Ease of Driving
- Best for Practicality
- Best for Ride Quality
What’s the Driver Power top 100? It’s the definitive car ranking – by drivers for drivers. Cars are rated by their owners, and each is then scored on how satisfying it has been to own.
How are results calculated? Our survey asks drivers to rate their car out of five in 10 key categories. An independent data processing company then crunches the numbers to provide the overall average scores.
Why doesn’t my car feature? Not all models can be included, due to the sheer number of cars on UK roads. Plus, to ensure our results are reliable, we need a robust sample size of drivers of each vehicle.
- 1IntroductionThe results of Auto Express's market-leading survey are in, as we reveal the Driver Power winners and losers
- 2The Top 100Don't miss the Driver Power guide to the 100 best cars in Britain.
- 3Winning ManufacturerAs if knocking Lexus off top spot last year wasn’t enough of an achievement, Skoda has retained the gold medal in 2010!
- 4Overall WinnerWe name the UK's favourite car - and rank the top 100 from best to worst.
- 5Category Winners - currently readingBuckle up! It's time to reveal your views on the best new cars for build quality, reliability, performance, running costs and more
- 6Class WinnersWant to know which city car or SUV performs best in Driver Power? Our breakdown picks out the top buys in eight key classes of the market.