Welcome to Greatest Drives 2007
We've gathered together this year's hottest cars to fight it out on road and track for the title of Auto Express's Greatest Drives 2007
As tradition dictates, last year's winner is invited back - but every other contender has been launched in the past 12 months.
Candidates include top-end supercars, feisty hot hatches, brawny coupés and lightweight roadsters. Two cars - the Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera and Lotus 2-Eleven - were unable to make it to the Anglesey test circuit for the main picture.
Our favourite track has undergone a major overhaul, and we think it's the best place in Britain to test road cars. We timed all our models over a lap - you can see how they ranked in our facts and figures boxes. And you can enjoy the action by downloading ringtones of each model's engine noise to your mobile, getting prints of the pictures and watching movies of all the cars at the track on our website. Enjoy!
- 1Welcome to Greatest Drives 2007 - currently readingWe've gathered together this year's hottest cars to fight it out on road and track for the title of Auto Express's Greatest Drives 2007
- 2Mercedes CL63 AMGThe latest Mercedes AMG is a variant of the Bentley Continental-rivalling CL63. Does a two-tonne sports saloon make sense?
- 3BMW 130i M SportAlthough it's the baby of the BMW range, it bears the M Sport pack, giving it a formidable 261bhp
- 4Vauxhall Corsa VXRIt was our top supermini earlier this year, but does the VXR version of the Vauxhall Corsa cut it in this esteemed company?
- 5Audi S5It might not be the most thrilling to drive, but the Audi S5 is one of the easiest cars to drive quickly
- 6BMW M5 TouringThe estate version of the BMW M5 is no slouch, but it doesn't feel as special as previous M cars from BMW
- 7Lotus 2-ElevenThe Lotus 2-Eleven is an uncompromised trackday car - driveable, if not comfortable, on the road, but unsurpassed on a circuit
- 8Morgan Aero 8 AmericaThe most visually distinctive car here, the Morgan Aero 8 may look old-fashioned but it's a precise and powerful sports car with an engine note to die for
- 9Vauxhall VXR8The Vauxhall from down-under is very much an old-style muscle car - and the VXR8 knows how to let you have fun
- 10Nissan 350ZA previous overall winner, the Nissan 350Z still impresses in its current incarnation, even if it's not quite as fresh three years later