Used MINI Countryman (Mk1, 2010-2017) – What do owners think?
Unlike more recent MINI models, the Countryman Mk1 hasn’t been a strong performer in our owner satisfaction surveys
MINI Countryman Mk1 owners have generally been satisfied with their car in our Driver Power surveys, but they don’t appear to have been blown away by it, either. In the 2015 edition of Driver Power, which was the last time the Countryman Mk1 was featured, the MINI was rated 113th out of the 200 featured cars, and owners didn’t rate the Countryman Mk1 highly for ride quality, practicality or ease of driving.
While MINI’s parent company BMW has a reputation for reliability, that didn’t quite rub off onto the Countryman Mk1. In its final appearance in our Driver Power owner satisfaction survey in 2015, the car was rated a middling 97th out of 200 cars in this area. Many of the major mechanical components used on the Countryman Mk1 have also been featured on other MINI models, though, and have generally been reliable on those cars.
In this review
- 1Used MINI Countryman (Mk1, 2010-2017) reviewThe MINI Countryman Mk1 is an eye-catching, fun-to-drive and handily versatile small SUV, if not exactly the most practical option out there
- 2How much will it cost?Running costs are affordable, though the MINI Countryman Mk1 is generally pricier to buy than some rivals
- 3How practical is it?While it’s not the most practical small SUV out there, the MINI Countryman Mk1 still offers a decent amount of space
- 4What’s it like to drive?The MINI Countryman Mk1 is good fun to drive, but some models ride firmly and entry-level cars aren’t exactly quick
- 5What should you look for?There aren’t many major common faults, but the MINI Countryman has been underwhelming in our Driver Power owner surveys
- 6What do owners think? - currently readingUnlike more recent MINI models, the Countryman Mk1 hasn’t been a strong performer in our owner satisfaction surveys