Used Peugeot 2008 (Mk1, 2013-2019) - What should you look for?
Reliability has been one of the Peugeot 2008 Mk1’s stronger areas, though do keep in mind some of the car’s more common faults
The Peugeot 2008 Mk1 shows promise as a used buy, as the car has been rated well by owners in our Driver Power surveys and has a good reliability record. However, there are a few common issues that affect the car, and the 2008 Mk1 range has been subject to quite a few recalls over the years.
Common used Peugeot 2008 Mk1 problems
Owners have reported problems with the Peugeot 2008 Mk1’s Bluetooth music-streaming functionality. As well as connection issues, it may also refuse to access music playlists.
Some of the car’s bulbs can be upgraded to LED items. You can find out how to replace the Peugeot 2008 Mk1’s bulbs here.
Check for paint damage on the rear bumper, which can be caused by bashing by owners when loading and unloading the boot.
Uneven tyre wear can be an issue on the Peugeot 2008 Mk1. Some owners have reported this can be prevented by rigorously maintaining the correct tyre pressures.
The Peugeot 2008 Mk1’s steering wheel design won’t be for everyone – some may find it works well, while others may find it’s too small or blocks the instrument display depending on its position. Also bear in mind that, while the cabin is decently roomy, space for three in the rear row is tight and the boot is only average by class standards.
The Peugeot 2008 Mk1 has been subject to 19 recalls to date, but not all of them affected the entire range. For instance, there was a recall issued in April 2019 to amend a plastic part in the exhaust line that could damage the particulate filter on diesel models.
Other examples of Peugeot 2008 Mk1 recall reasons include, but aren’t limited to, oil and fuel leaks (the latter in some instances potentially posing a fire risk), a faulty starter motor, improperly tightened mounting bolts for the rear lower shock absorber assembly and the possibility the corrosion protection on the car’s subframe may not be durable enough.
In this review
- 1Used Peugeot 2008 (Mk1, 2013-2019) reviewThe Peugeot 2008 Mk1 is stylish, practical and good value for money, but some alternatives are nicer and more composed to drive
- 2How much will it cost?Running costs for the Peugeot 2008 Mk1 are generally low. Fuel economy is pretty good, too
- 3How practical is it?The Peugeot 2008 Mk1 is quite spacious for such a small car, and comes with a decent amount of equipment, too
- 4What’s it like to drive?It’s comfortable and easy to drive around town, but the 2008 Mk1 isn’t as composed as some alternatives. Performance isn’t great on low-power models, either
- 5What should you look for? - currently readingReliability has been one of the Peugeot 2008 Mk1’s stronger areas, though do keep in mind some of the car’s more common faults
- 6What do owners think?The Peugeot 2008 Mk1 has regularly performed well in our Driver Power owner surveys. Reliability appears to be good, too