Bridgestone Blizzak LM005 review
The Blizzak LM005 won our snow braking and snow traction tests, and was close to taking top spot overall
The Blizzak LM005 has been a revelation in our winter tests. Launched in 2019, it won on its debut in 2020 and it has stayed at the front of the pack. It was the only tyre with a wet-grip EU label A grade on its debut and it is still the only one in this test.
It romped both snow tests by a relatively clear margin. The LM005 only managed fourth across the wet tests, despite a narrow win around the wet circle. It didn’t like the deep water of the aquaplaning tests, but was closer to the pack on braking and handling.
The LM005 felt secure and safe around the handling circuit, but wasn’t as sharp as the Continental. Progress was limited by front grip, but its result was right with the pack. It dropped further away from the Continental in the dry. Fuel economy was with the best.
Another great result for the LM005, which is the snow star, but its advantage wasn’t enough to overcome dry and wet performance for the win.
Customers have rated the tyre positively, with an overall score of 4.5 out of 5. Buyers praise the impressive cold-weather grip and low road noise.
|Bridgestone Blizzak LM005
In this review
- 1IntroductionWe push a selection of winter tyres to the max in all conditions to see which is Britain's best
- 2Continental WinterContact TS 870A strong all-round showing put the Continental into a lead over arch rival Bridgestone that it never lost
- 3Bridgestone Blizzak LM005 - currently readingThe Blizzak LM005 won our snow braking and snow traction tests, and was close to taking top spot overall
- 4Goodyear UltraGrip Performance 3The Goodyear UltraGrip Performance 3 is a great all-round tyre in winter conditions
- 5Hankook i*cept RS3The Hankook i*cept RS3 came alive in the dry and wet, but it comes at the expense of grip in the snow
- 6Pirelli Cinturato Winter 2The Pirelli was on the pace in the dry, but struggled for stability in the downhill stop
- 7Michelin Alpin 6Fuel economy has improved over time, but sadly the same cannot be said for cabin noise
- 8Vredestein Wintrac ProThe Wintrac Pro was at its weakest in the wet, where lacked the balance of its rivals
- 9Alternative tyre choicesNot sure about winter tyres? Here are two other options
- 10Results by categoryWhich winter tyre performed well in which area? Our tables reveal all